Features of the ABUS GRANIT™ Detecto XPlus 8008 2.0
- Safety level 19 from 20
- alarm function with min. 100dB
- 3D Position Detection – detects vibrations and the smallest movements in all three dimensions and triggers the alarm
- Specially hardened 16 mm locking bolt
Technology from ABUS
Lighting key included
Active locking with a key necessary
Picking-resistant “XPlus” disc cylinder
Multiple locks can be operated with one key
Lock with 100 dB alarm function
ABUS GRANIT™ Detecto XPlus 8008 2.0
The brake disc lock 8008 2.0 makes your motorcycle safer than ever. ABUS’ decades of know-how culminate in the development of the 8008 2.0 brake disc lock.
Probably the safest solution for all bikers who want a brake disc lock without chain and without electronics but still do not want to do without the 3D positions.
High-quality brake disc locks for motorcycles have a very good theft protection class (security level 18-19) and are – as the name suggests – attached to the brake disc.
The thief must not only overcome the mechanical and not easily accessible 16 mm locking bolt protection of the lock, but is also deterred by an acoustic signal. The brake lock is equipped with a motion sensor (3D Position Detection), which when activated reacts to movement with a loud and shrill 100 db alarm. Not a pleasant situation when it comes to theft and you are guaranteed to attract attention.
It is innovative, light, compact and usually fits practically in the rear of the motorcycle. Due to its small size, it is suitable for everyday use, e.g. on the way to work or school, but is also great for day trips and vacations. But it can be even more modern!
The bolt, the housing and the load-bearing parts of the locking mechanism are made of specially hardened steel. Thanks to the automatic brake disc detection system, the lock can be transported in the closed state without activating the alarm. Audible and visual signals (multicolor LED) indicate battery and activity status
The advantages ABUS GRANIT™ Detecto XPlus 8008 2.0
- Very good protection against a high risk of theft
- Recommended for securing high value motorcycles
- Compact and easy to transport brake disc lock (e.g. in the rear)
- Thanks to the 3D Detection System, the motorcyclist is warned by the stand when moving the motorcycle if the lock is still on the brake disc
- ABUS XPlus cylinder for extremely high protection against manipulation, e.g. B.Picking
- Audible and visual signals (multicolored LEDs) indicate battery and activity status
- You can order this lock keyed alike with other locks. This means several locks matching one key or lock
Does my bike fit the ABUS GRANIT™ Detecto XPlus 8008 2.0?
First check in this list if your motorcycle is compatible: Motorcycle models overview (PDF)
If your motorcycle is not in the list, use the template to print out to check whether the brake disc lock is compatible with your brake disc:
- Print out thetemplate for your brake disc (PDF) (printer setting: scale to 100% and then check the size of the printout with a tape measure or set square).
- Cut out the template and go to your motorcycle
- Place the template on the brake disc and check
- If the template fits: Then have fun with your new motorcycle lock!
scope of delivery
- 1x LED key + 1x key
- 1x code keycard for duplicate and replacement keys
- transport bag
- 1x CR2 standard battery
- operation manual
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I open and close the brake disc lock?
The ABUS GRANIT™ Detecto XPlus 8077 can be easily opened with a key. 1x LED key and 1x standard key are already included in the scope of delivery.